Environmental Special Topics:
Collaborative Environmental Activism & Leadership
The Emergence of Radical Environmentalism
Answer all of the following study questions and email the attached questions and answers in Word of rtf format to the instructor by Canvas email no later than 5 pm on Sunday the last day of Session 3. In the beginning of your emial message identify the class session for the homework being submitted.
1. Explain what is involved in Deep Ecology
2. Differentiate between antrhopocentrism, biocentrism and ecocentrism.
3. What has been ecofeminism's contribution to environmentalism?
4. In what way has Greenpeace served as a bridge to radicalism?
5. What does Greenpeace share in common with mainstream environmentalists and with radical environmentalists?
6. So how did Earth-First "break the mold"?
7. Why was there a perceived need for a radical wing within the environmental community and how did this wing push the boundary between advocacy and criminality?
8. What was the contribution of Bart Koheler to this radical wing of environmentalism?
9. Ostensibly Earth First advocated "monkeywrenching." What is that?
10. Describe Earth First's "Wilderness Preserve System."