Environmental Special Topics:
Collaborative Environmental Activism & Leadership
Answer all of the following study questions and email the attached questions and answers in Word of rtf format to the instructor by Canvas email no later than 5 pm on Sunday the last day of Session 2. In the beginning of your emial message identify the class session for the homework being submitted.
1. After reading Chapter 1 of Ecopragmatics, describe the principles of ecopragmatics.
2. Contrast ecopragmatics with environmental activism and environmental justice movements.
3. What is involved in "imaginating?"
4. After reading chapter 1 of Homegrown Ecopragmatics describe the five guiding ecopragmatic principles.
5. What is the importance of "local initiatives" in an ecopragmatic approach to environmental issues?
6. Describe Elinor Ostrom's contribution to ecopragmatics.
7. Why would an ecopramatist be reluctant to "demonize" or "scapegoat" other stakeholders in the interest of promoting their environmental concerns?
8.Explain "satisficing" and "communitarianism" and what "satisficing communitarianism" means.
9. How does deliberative democracy contribute to ecopragmatic outcomes.