Environmental Special Topics:
Collaborative Environmental Activism & Leadership
Crisis on The Brazos River
Chapters 6 - 8
| Home |Overview |
Answer all of the following study questions and email the attached questions and answers in Word of rtf format to the instructor by Canvas email no later than 5 pm on Sunday the last day of Session 12. In the beginning of your emial message identify the class session for the homework being submitted.
1. Describe the basic ecological issues confronting the Brazos River Basin.
2. What issues are associated with river salinitiy?
3. Who are the "strange bedfellows" in this case study and who are the "responsibles."
4. What opportunities might environmental radicals find in exploiting the partnership of Dow and The Natue Coservancy?
5. How does this case study reflect deliberative or participatory democracy and how are these principles reflected in the work of Friends of the Brazos?
6. Identify ecological characteristics of the Brazos River that makes it ecologically unique.
7. From the perspective of Friends of the Brazos stakeholders, what might "householding" entail?
8. Is Dow seriously committed to environmental outcomes or is it engaging in shallow greenwashing?
9. How might radical environmentalists want to deal with Dow Chemical in this case?
10. Explain the ecopragmatic principles illustrated in this case study.