Environmental Special Topics:
Collaborative Environmental Activism & Leadership
Green Tea in Georgia & Florida
Chapters 2 & 3
Answer all of the following study questions and email the attached questions and answers in Word of rtf format to the instructor by Canvas email no later than 5 pm on Sunday the last day of Session 10. In the beginning of your emial message identify the class session for the homework being submitted.
1. Explain what it is with the Green Tea Coalition of Georgia that makes it a partnership of "strange bedfellows."
2. What makes the case studies of solar energy in Georgia and Florida illustrative of ecopragmatics?
3. How is participatory and deliberative democracy illustrated in the "Solar Friends and Foes in Florida" case study? Explain.
4. When you analyze these case closely what lies at the heart of promoting solar energy in Georgia and Florida?
5. Is there a role for environmental radicalism in this case study issue? Explain.
6. What are the issues associated with maintaining the nation's electrical grid?
7. How does this case study integrate human and environmental concerns?
8. What is the case for nationalizing the electrical grid?
9. Who were the "responsibles" in the Florida solar case?
10. Explain what ecopragmatic principles were at work in this case study.